Death Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Squad

Old Gamers, New Games

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Petition for MW2

Go down 
+4
DeadFishy~DS~
Krypter
§làiñê ~Ч~
SiBeRiA
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SiBeRiA
DS Member
SiBeRiA

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 18:43

read first-second paragraph--regarding no dedicated servers for cod6-bad-
http://www.destructoid.com/mw2-not-delayed-on-pc-will-not-have-dedicated-servers-152335.phtml

sign petition to, petition IW to have dedicated servers. pc gaming is not console gaming.
http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/petition.html

No dedicated servers means NO

No more clan servers. Private matches, replace clan servers.
Listen servers will connect to each other.
IW.NET/Steam will replace the community server admin

Competitive Gaming

Competitive gaming has changed forever.
It might be possible in the future for IW engineers to load a "competitive" setting on IW.NET, but it is far from a guarantee. It might also never happen.

Modding

Modding the game is now very much in question. Fourzerotwo had no info on modding. However, it appears that there will be no mods or maps for MW2.
Modding in SpecOps? Unknown.

I have read about this before this message from a friend on xfire, thought you all should know.
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Number of posts : 2455
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 21:31

Posted similar in our MW2 Thread last night mate, although to be fair I didn't list any petition as their wasn't one at that point. Laughing

There is also now an anti-MW2 group on Steam and Xfire, both growing larger by the hour by all accounts and quite a few people have actually cancelled their pre-ordered copies of the game in protest.

Something that I myself am currently considering if all this proves to be true! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.gofuckyourself.com
SiBeRiA
DS Member
SiBeRiA

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 22:00

I don't plan on cancelling my pre-order, im just gonna ride it out and see what happens. You never know it could still be a decent game, although the "no Dedicated server" thing will piss me off.
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 16:18

Another example of a company trying to get the most cash for the least amount of work by screwing over probably the most important consumer base they have ( i.e PC gamers).

I canceled my pre-order a few weeks ago ( didn't see the point in having an online game if i couldn't get on) and i'm glad i did now. I'm sick of playing half-assed console ports on a platform that's capable of much more.

Unless i hear any good news about MW2 theres a good chance i'll skip it altogether and look into other games

Having no dedicated servers might be ok for casual games the like of Left 4 Dead, but it's killing organized gaming

Last edited by Krypter on Wed 21 Oct 2009, 14:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeadFishy~DS~
DS Member
DeadFishy~DS~

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 16:38

ive signed that partition, but like siberia said, im just gunna wait and see, because despuite no dedicated server il probly still play on it a bit, but if things dont change cod has been killed
Back to top Go down
Gasoline
Council of War
Council of War
Gasoline

Number of posts : 749

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 19:57

ill stick with killing floor a lil longer. they have dedicated Wink. cod has been murderd.
Back to top Go down
Bauhaus~DS~
Council of War
Council of War
Bauhaus~DS~

Number of posts : 929

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 23:00

thanx for posting that..i will not be buying it until they work that shit out
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 22:53

The net is on fire over this news, every site has gamers up in arms. Even MTV are covering the backlash here!

There are even Hitler Youtube vids on the go for feck sake. Laughing

Methinks that IW just poked the bear and the bear is fecking pissed off! ak

Edited to add latest Hitler rant about MW2 :p

Last edited by §làiñê ÐÐ/ on Wed 21 Oct 2009, 00:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bauhaus~DS~
Council of War
Council of War
Bauhaus~DS~

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 22:54

wow ..awesome! frack em..they thought we will just go ahead and let em frack us dont they?
Back to top Go down
Bauhaus~DS~
Council of War
Council of War
Bauhaus~DS~

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 23:06

are they making it like p2p, like the warrock bullshit korean games laggy shit?
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 23:09

As Kryp pointed out mate, the almighty dollar is king. This way they cut out all the GSP's, clans, leagues, ladders, competitive gaming as a whole but more importantly the Modding Community.

The Modding Community is something we take for granted on the PC, although remember that consoles have to pay for Downloadable Content, hell they even have to pay to play online with Xbox live etc.

So if you can charge PC players for playing on your servers and for any Mods/maps they want to play then the more money you are going to rake in. At least I would assume that is how those at Activision that think PC players are their new cash cow sold the idea to the head shed.

If the clowns on consoles are daft enough to hand over their parents cash to play, then why not those on the PC as well, double your profits.

If they pull it off then other developers will follow their lead and competitive PC gaming is truly dead mate.

Petition for MW2 2ewgqvl

Bauhaus\DD/ wrote:
are they making it like p2p, like the warrock bullshit korean games laggy shit?

Yes mate, P2P is exactly how the servers will work just like they do on the consoles. They took their Xbox version of the game and basically ported it to the PC instead of building us our own version of the game. Lazy fecking barstewards! Crying or Very sad

Oh and don't bother going to the IW boards and posting anything that criticises this move by them, your account will be banned and all your posts deleted. Damage control is in full effect over there.
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009, 03:28

***Danger - Incoming rant ***

The worst thing is that the more games are released that follow the p2p/xbl/gfwl template ( i.e paying for pretty much everything) the more the PC will suffer as a gaming platform simply because console owners, and for that matter a minority of PC owners, are too dumb (or lazy) to realize that they are paying for stuff that was free less than a year ago.

With consoles being non upgradable (other than by purchasing the next new model) the game deveolpers have a fixed system spec with which to work in and they cant go beyond that, therefore they have no need to try to push boundaries, a knock on effect being that the tech development will also slow down/stop as there will be no need for it.

The end result will be that PC gaming will probably die and consoles will stagnate as the development in technology and software, will grind to a halt, based on the fact that all technological advancements regarding consoles ( other than blu-ray) has only been possible because PC gaming has been almost constantly pushing the envelope for the last decade or so.
The "war" between ATI and Ge-Force, Intel and AMD are good examples as these companies are still trying to out perfom the other, As the hardware has improved so has the software side of things with things like 3dfx and realtime physics all of which probably would never have seen the light of day had PC gaming not taken off.

Slaine mentioned that we take modders for granted and on the whole that's true, people really dont appreciate how much modders and bedroom programmers have done for gaming and anyone that wants to disagree i simply point in the direction of Counter-strike, love or hate it, if it wasn't for this mod i doubt we would have games like battlefield or ModernWarefare 1 ( which use the same rough template, just taken to the next step ).

***Rant over***
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009, 22:56

Pretty factual, concise and direct rant IMHO mate, in fact its bang on the money.

I would take it one step further though and state IW lied to is, as evidenced by the RB sig below.

Also what sort of dumb ass move was it to announce this travesty so close to launch.

Was it, as suggested by some, a slip up on RB's part and we were not meant to find out they were fecking us over until after we had already bought the game. Shocked

Petition for MW2 5e5t1j
Petition for MW2 E9u3v4

And to think I used to be hard on Treyarch over WaW, come back Treyarch all is forgiven. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bauhaus~DS~
Council of War
Council of War
Bauhaus~DS~

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009, 00:18

OHH frack nO! frack Treyarch for those fracking dogs !!!!!!! frack them all!!!!!!!

what new game are we gonna play? i aint playin that killfloor shite though
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009, 22:33

Hey at least Treyarch gave us Dedicated servers Bro, and as if to double damn their cause IW included dogs in MW2 but left out the Dedicated Servers. Shocked

Feck knows about a new game, perhaps IW will realise just how severely they fecked up and fix their mistake ............. or we start playing the BF series. army
Back to top Go down
DeadFishy~DS~
DS Member
DeadFishy~DS~

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 16:34

§làiñê \ÐÐ/ wrote:
or we start playing the BF series. army
Nice we can start in march if we all get BF;bc2 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 21:11

Don't your knickers in a bunch yet Fishy, its only a suggestion. Cool
Back to top Go down
DeadFishy~DS~
DS Member
DeadFishy~DS~

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 21:35

what you said doesnt make sence...but because im special i understand it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 21:45

Now back to the subject at hand .........

For those that haven't noticed yet, although everyone who turned up for practice will be aware (thats none of you BTFW) the server name has changed.

It now reads as Death Dealers Boycott MW2. Very Happy

And WE are not alone Brothers! Cool
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 02:14

Nice find Smile i can see IW doing something to sort this out (unless they are totally clueless) but who knows if it'll be a case of too little too late or not, i guess we'll just have to wait and see
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 23:31

DeadFishy-DD- wrote:
§làiñê \ÐÐ/ wrote:
or we start playing the BF series. army
Nice we can start in march if we all get BF;bc2 Very Happy

Seems EA is cashing in on IW mistake, BF might be a viable option for us as a squad after all folks. Cool

Quote :
Message on the EA Battlefield Blog today by GordonVanDyke - October 26th.

A lot of buzz has been floating around the internet lately about dedicated servers and we wanted to make sure our all our players have the best understanding of how Battlefield will be played on the PC. Since Battlefield 1942 DICE has used dedicated servers for all platforms. This formula has worked well, and still works well, for us and for the gaming community. We have stayed true to this practice and will continue this tradition into the upcoming title Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Other games use player-hosted or 'peer to peer' solutions, often resulting in a "host with the most" situation; where the player hosting the match has an advantage over other players connected to their game. Everyone else is dependent on the host's internet connection and if they don't have a great connection neither will you regardless how great of an internet you have. Also, unless server migration is implemented the game ends when that hosting player quits the game forcing you to find another player-host or start your own. With dedicated servers everyone gets non-stop action with no connection penalties based on some other player and their internet. This makes dedicated servers the best solution for online PC gaming hands down! So rest assured PC players, Battlefield will stay true to its roots offering dedicated servers to all its players and continue the tradition of the ultimate FPS gaming experience!

Dedicated Server FAQ for Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC

Will there be an option to have my own dedicated server? Yes, DICE will have trusted partners with datacenters worldwide that you'll be able to rent a dedicated server from ensuring you always have a quality server in your region.

How much will it cost to rent a dedicated server for Battlefield Bad Company 2? Because these are offered by the trusted partners we can't answer that, but they will be priced fairly according to your market.

Can I control my server with remote admin tools? Yes, you will have the ability manage your server via remote admin tools allowing you to manage your server, your way.

Is there the option to give my server a custom name? Yes, you'll be able to name your server what you like.

Will I be able to make a reserve list for my server? Yes, you will be able to reserve a limited amount of space on your server when public for whom ever you like.

Am I able to host a private match? Yes, you will be able to password protect your server.

Is there a client server browser to view server lists? Yes, clients on the PC will have a full server's browser to select the server they'd like to play on.

Can I earn ranks and rewards on my rented server? Yes! You will be able to run your server as Ranked allowing you to still earn unlocks, rewards, and host a server for all to enjoy.

Are PC clients going to be match made to servers? No, PC clients will use their server browser and filter options.

Will you have an anti-cheat requirement? Yes, all dedicated servers and clients on PC will be required to have the anti-cheat software running at all times.

EA Battlefield Blog
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 23:51

Good news i guess, just a shame its from EA
Back to top Go down
Bauhaus~DS~
Council of War
Council of War
Bauhaus~DS~

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009, 22:40

battlefield bad company 2 ftw

sounds like a good option to me...maybe i'll go reinstall my bf2 soon
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009, 23:10

Krypter wrote:

I concur mate, although we are not being left with a lot of options, unless IW finally get their heads of their console fan boy arses. One can only hope they see sense, but then big companies seldom do.

Bauhaus\DD/ wrote:

Is the BF series any good mate, I have never played any of their games so would appreciate any input you may have.

Obviously with MW2 looking like epic fail we are going to need something to take the squad into. Although in the meantime we can stick with COD4, but the impression I get is that a few in the squad are tired of the game. silent
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 02:32

§làiñê \ÐÐ/ wrote:
Krypter wrote:

I concur mate, although we are not being left with a lot of options, unless IW finally get their heads of their console fan boy arses. One can only hope they see sense, but then big companies seldom do.

Bauhaus\DD/ wrote:

Is the BF series any good mate, I have never played any of their games so would appreciate any input you may have.

Obviously with MW2 looking like epic fail we are going to need something to take the squad into. Although in the meantime we can stick with COD4, but the impression I get is that a few in the squad are tired of the game. silent

I agree but with a little luck the PC community will put enough pressure on IW for them to see sense ( it worked for Bio-shock after-all ).

As for how the BF series sizes up, i cant speak for Bad Company but BF2 and 2142 were both pretty reasonable to play, same rank-up to unlock mechanic, a load of vehicles and more emphasis on working as a team, its basicly CoD4 on a larger scale

Like i said though, no idea what Bad Company is like as to my knowledge it a console only deal so my guess is BC2 will be another port.

I think CoD4 would seem less tedious with new maps but now i have a more stable connection i'm just happy to play anything Wink

Out of interest has anyone looked into Americas Army 3, ARMAII, OPFP- Dragon Rising or Shattered Horizons ?

Last edited by Krypter on Thu 29 Oct 2009, 13:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Petition for MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petition for MW2   Petition for MW2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Petition for MW2
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squad :: Community Section :: Community Forum-
Jump to: