Death Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Squad

Old Gamers, New Games

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Call of duty MW3

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gasoline
Council of War
Council of War
Gasoline

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Call of duty MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Call of duty MW3   Call of duty MW3 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 01:14

Quote :
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare publisher Activision has repeatedly stated that Infinity Ward is doing fine since heads Vince Zampella and Jason West were ousted from the company early last year. A report on the LA Times' Company Town blog, however, tells a different story -- according to the piece, both Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software have been tasked with helping develop the next, still unannounced Modern Warfare title, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

"People familiar with the situation" claim that Sledgehammer is working with the remaining staff at Infinity Ward on developing the game's single-player campaign, while Singularity developer Raven Software is in charge of bringing up the multiplayer side of things. The sources also contend that, like past Call of Duty titles, MW3 is expected to ship this November. Additionally, Sledgehammer is said to have halted production on its own spinoff Call of Duty title in order to help IW out.

Update: Activision issued a comment in response to the LAT piece, stating, "There's been much specultion recently. We look forward to releasing details for the next Call of Duty in the near future."

Source
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Call of duty MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of duty MW3   Call of duty MW3 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 03:37

CoD is dead as far as i'm concerned, unless they get back to roots and actually make a decent game for the PC and not some half arsed hack console port in which case i might, MIGHT be willing to give the title another shot.
After the fuckups that are mw2 and black ops i'm really not holding out hopes nor will i be going out of my way to look into any future titles in the series.

Upon saying that i note that Raven software ( of Jedi knight, Hexen and SoF fame) are in charge of the MP side of things so maybe not all is lost, but i still think that the PC will just end up with another sub-standard console port.
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Number of posts : 2455
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Call of duty MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of duty MW3   Call of duty MW3 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 21:51

My money is on it being an MMO type game, Kotick has been pushing long enough and now he doesn't have Vance and Jason there to stop him.

Have to concur with Brother Krypter, COD is dead from WaW onwards and that game wasn't even that good in comparison with COD4.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gofuckyourself.com
Neferkare
DS Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Call of duty MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of duty MW3   Call of duty MW3 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 20:47

agreed. i have a pc and expect games for my pc...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Call of duty MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of duty MW3   Call of duty MW3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call of duty MW3
Page 1 of 1