Death Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Squad

Old Gamers, New Games

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battlefield 3

Go down 
+6
Mongoose-DS-
Gasoline
Krypter
Neferkare
DeadFishy~DS~
§làiñê ~Ч~
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Mongoose-DS-
Match Coordinator
Mongoose-DS-

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Battlefield 3 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Aug 2012, 17:25

Bauhaus~DS~ wrote:
And Slaine is a pro at hunting you down and killing you. Tread lightly

Nah hes a useless cunt..
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Number of posts : 2455
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Aug 2012, 22:30

Says the Battlelog only user .... pfffft. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.gofuckyourself.com
Mongoose-DS-
Match Coordinator
Mongoose-DS-

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Aug 2012, 22:46

I got Blackfire now so fuck you.. gimp
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Not sure if anyones even interested anymore but ..   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 21:21

Battlefield 3 trailer takes a scenic tour of Armoured Kill’s Alborz Mountain map

DICE are promising to push the Frostbite 2 engine further than ever with September’s DLC pack, Armoured Kill. The maps added by the update will be some of the biggest Battlefield battlefields we’ve ever seen, and it looks as though could turn out to be the prettiest, too. A post on the Battlefield blog from senior environment artist Andrew Hamilton goes over some of the improvements DICE artists are bringing to the new maps, including “higher resolution terrain and vegetation textures, more detail in organic objects such as tree trunks and higher density of objects scattering the landscape.”

According to Hamilton, we’ll be able to see sand sparkling when lying prone on Bandar desert, the transition between snow and earth has been carefully tweaked and reflection masks allow the team to render realistic ice sheets. See a few of those effects in the screenshots and video of the Alborz Mountains map below. It almost looks too nice to blow up. Almost.

Battlefield 3 - Page 10 Battlefield-3-Armoured-kill-mountains-1-610x343

Battlefield 3 - Page 10 Battlefield-3-Armoured-Kill-mountains-2-610x343

Battlefield 3 - Page 10 Battlefield-3-Armoured-Kill-mountains-3-610x343

Source
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: WTF BBQ   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 21:30

Was just browsing, as you do, and happened upon this little gem, anyone like a magnum pistol, ever wanted it silenced or with a red dot sight .... work for DICE you can have both. Laughing

Overpowered feckin much! Cool
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Hmmm so Frostbite 2 was unmoddable mmmm   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 20:46

Battlefield 3 night time mod is a tense stab in the dark

Modder Kiwidog has turned out the lights on some of Battlefield 3′s brightest maps. The mod snuffs out the sun, but surfaces can still be illuminated by gun fire, street lights and explosions. The results are surprisingly tense and, thanks to Frostbite 2′s extraordinary lighting capabilities, strangely beautiful. Smoke seems to have its own gentle illumination, which makes it possible to pick out foes as silhouettes among the debris. Check out these videos of the mod in action, spotted over on PCGamesN.

The mod will be running on private, punkbuster-free servers for now, but the night time mod demonstrates that it’s possible to monkey around with Frostbite 2. Months before Battlefield 3 came out, DICE exec Patrick Söderlund poured cold slime over the possibility of mod tools. “If you look at the Frostbite engine, and how complex it is, it’s going to be very difficult for people to mod the game,” he said.

But WHY, Patrick? “Because of the nature of the set up of levels, of the destruction and all those things… it’s quite tricky. So we think it’s going to be too big of a challenge for people to make a mod.” Oh.

Not too big it seems. Here’s a trailer, and footage of some chaps fighting on a pitch black Grand Bazaar:

Source
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Its update time again ladies.   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 20:49

Battlefield 3 update rebalances weapons, prepares for Armoured Kill

Battlefield 3 balance and bug fixing updates don’t come along very often thanks to the certification process required by console manufacturers, but when they do arrive, they change a lot. Today’s chunky 2.2GB patch arrives a week ahead of the release of the Armoured Kill expansion pack for Premium owners, and seems particularly concerned with weapon balance. Reload times, recoil and damage/distance values have been tweaked “based on joint community feedback and statistical analysis.” Bipods have been buffed again and a number of vehicle bugs, and a couple of Donya Fortress exploits have been fixed. Check out the full list of fixes, as they appear over on Battlelog.

Armoured Kill is out on September 25 for non-Premium players.

WEAPONS BALANCING
Reload timer adjustments
A number of weapons have had their reload timers adjusted to better fit their animations and gameplay balance. For most of these weapons the gameplay timers were slightly out of sync with the actual reload animation, meaning the player could either fire before the animation was done, or had to wait longer than the animation played. Primarily this is a cosmetic change (around 0.1sec); however for a few weapons (M416, F2000, FAMAS, KH2002, MK3A1, JNG90, MG36 QBU-88, SVD, Pecheneg, SCAR-H, AN-94) this should also improve the performance of the weapon. Full details below:
• Short and Long reload reduced: SCAR-L, AEK-971, F2000, AN-94, AK-74, PP2000, G3A3, SKS, MG36, JNG-90, MK3A1, SCAR-H, SVD, QBZ-95B
• Long reload reduced: AUG A3, 44 Magnum, KH2002, Pecheneg, L85A2, QBB-95, M1911, MP7
• Short reload reduced: M417, FAMAS, M39 EBR, M416, PP-19, QBU-88
• Short and long reload increased: ASVal
• Long reload reduced, shot reload increased: M4A1
• Long reload increased: P90

Damage output/range adjustments
• UMP: Increased the close range damage of the UMP but reduced its damage over range. The UMP now has a sweet spot in CQB but suffers compared to the PP2000 at longer ranges.
• PP2000: Increased the long range damage of the PP2000 to highlight its role as a mid-range, low recoil PDW.
• M1911: Increased the minimum damage of the M1911 to make it fit better between the Magnums and the M9/MP443
• M93: Reduced the M93R’s damage and range, as it was an obvious go to pistol compared to the M9/MP443. Its recoil has been reduced for a smoother burst action to counter the reduced damage.
• 12G Frag rounds: These rounds have been adjusted to do their damage in a smaller area but to be more consistently apply the maximum possible damage.
• AA: Slightly increased the damage of the AA against infantry, the AA was simply over nerfed in a previous update. The AA guns now also properly do damage to MBTs again.
• 12 Gauge buckshot close range damage has been slightly increased.
• Slightly reduced the range penalty for the suppressor on the SCAR-H.
• Increased bullet velocity for the coaxial HMG, making it easier to hit targets over longer ranges.
• Increased the minimum range of the 40mm Flechette and tightened the cone of fire for more consistent damage levels.
• Slightly reduced the range bonus added by the heavy barrel on the 5.56mm, 5.45mm, 6.5mm Assault Rifles.
• Slightly reduced the range penalty for the suppressor on 5.56mm, 5.45mm, and 6.5mm weapons: AR, Carbine, and LMG.
• Slightly reduced the range penalty for the suppressor on the SCAR-H.
• Slightly reduced the range penalty for the suppressor on 5.56mm, 5.45mm, and 6.5mm weapons: AR, Carbine, and LMG.
• Slightly reduced the range bonus added by the heavy barrel on the 5.56mm, 5.45mm, 6.5mm Assault Rifles.
• Increased the damage of the M5K.

A select set of weapons have had their recoil adjusted based on joint community feedback and statistical analysis to provide greater balance in the weapon choices players make. Specifically, the M16A3 and M4A1 have increased recoil to make them less attractive in all situations. Competing weapons like the SG553, G36C and M416 have been improved to also increase viable player choice in primary weapons.
• SG553: Horizontal recoil reduced to help make this weapon more controllable.
• MG36: Vertical recoil reduced to make this weapon more controllable.
• M416: Vertical, Horizontal, and First Shot recoil have all been reduced to make this weapon clearly different from the M16A3.
• M16A3: Recoil amounts slightly increased.
• M4A1: Recoil amounts slightly increased.
• G36C: Vertical and First Shot recoil amounts reduced.
• M16A4 and M4: These weapons have been adjusted for the increased recoil they now have. The burst versions of these weapons give the player a reduction in horizontal recoil for greater control.

Miscellaneous weapons changes
• FIM92 and IGLA now lock on to air vehicles at both lower altitudes and longer distances.
• Added Burst Fire to the M5K as an available fire mode.
• Increased the bonuses provided by a number of bipods: F2000, G3A3, M27, M416, Pecheneg, Type88, FAMAS, MG36
• Belt Fed Machine guns are now more accurate when standing and firing while aiming. This affects the M240, M249, Type88, Pecheneg, and LSAT.
• 44 Magnum: Rate of fire reduced slightly to highlight this side arm’s role as a slow firing heavy hitter and differentiate it from the MP412 REX.
• Increased the fire rate and reload time of the MP412 REX to better highlight the improved CQB performance over the 44 Magnum.
• Removed burst fire from the L85 and added Single Shot to the L86 as is authentic for these weapons.
• Slightly increased the radius for maximum damage of the 40mm LVG. While the overall damage level remains the same, the LVG will be lethal over a larger area.
• Reduced the aimed accuracy bonus of the M417 with a suppressor to balance it with the other weapons in the game.
• Increased the aimed accuracy bonus of the ACW-R, L86 LSW, LSAT, MP5K and MTAR with a suppressor to balance with the other weapons in the game.

Weapons fixes
• Underslung weapons on the AUG and SCAR-L now properly benefit from the hip accuracy bonus of an attached laser sight.
• The SOFLAM will no longer lock onto your own vehicle if deployed and not immediately activated by the player.
• SCAR-L: Fixed the heavy barrel not increasing recoil when zoomed and standing.
• Corrected some incorrect descriptions of clip sizes and bullet types for weapons added in Close Quarters: M5K, LSAT, and ACW-R
• The PKS-07 is now available on QBB-95
• The M417’s foregrip was incorrectly reducing horizontal recoil by too large an amount. It has been adjusted to be balanced with other foregrips.
• The ACR Foregrip, MG36, QBB-95 and RPK Extended magazines as well as the RPK and SKS Heavy Barrel are now able to be unlocked and equipped in the accessory screen.
• Fixed an issue with incorrect damage for the M320 buck when used with certain attachments.
• MK3A1 now uses flechette rounds instead of Frag rounds in Gun Master mode (in Close Quarters).

VEHICLE RELATED TWEAKS & FIXES
• Removed flares from gunner position in helicopters. With the right combination of unlocks, an attack helicopter could be effectively invulnerable to lock on missiles. Removing the flares from the gunner balances the attack helicopter against ground fire.
• Air Radar now shows friendly vehicles as well.
• Helicopter weapons can now destroy equipment with splash damage.
• The Laser Designator unlock on the Scout Helicopters has been changed from a Pilot Upgrade to a new stance in the Copilot seat (position 4). Like the CITV turret on the Main Battle Tanks, the Scout Helicopter’s Laser Designator is permanently available to players who have received the unlock.
• Repair tool damage against enemy vehicles lowered by 10%.
• Changed reload behavior on Tank / Tank Destroyer cannon weapons to prevent being able to fire 2 shots from different weapons quickly one right after another.
• Firing mode can now be seen from the vehicle passenger seats where you are allowed to fire your own weapons.
• Fixed the hit indicator showing when entering a vehicle after previously shooting a soldier.
• Increased the damage helicopter and jet rockets do to helicopters, jets and infantry.
• Increased the damage helicopter gunners and IFVs do to helicopters and jets.
• Fixed Jets not getting top attack damage bonuses on Laser Designated targets.

PERSISTENCE RELATED TWEAKS & FIXES
• Changed how MCOM station defend/attack kill score is calculated. Victim no longer needs to arm/disarm the crate but rather be in a 5 meter radius of the crate. Also increased kills needed for the Crate Defend Ribbon from 2 to 4. Overall, these changes should make it somewhat easier to get the ribbon, while increasing the opportunity for strategic play around MCOM stations.
• Premium Engineer assignments are now counting all shotgun kills independent from the class using it.
• Fixed so you can get score from awards in coop.
• Accuracy dogtags now show the correct stats.
• Coop Stars and dogtag are now properly unlockable and equip able.
• Gun Master and Domination Winner ribbons and medals added.
• Fix for assignment with multiple dependencies showing as unlocked in frontend. (Jack of All Trades & Only for the Dedicated)

UI RELATED TWEAKS & FIXES
• Added letters to the capture point icons displayed directly over the mini-map.
• Fixed the grenade counter acting strangely when entering a vehicle with a grenade in hand.
• Fixed the damage indicator which showed the wrong direction if the damage dealer was dead.
• Fixed the hit indicator showing when spawning or closing the in game menu.
• PC specific: Fixed laser designator related icons disappearing from the screen when you enable the chat.
• Fixed a bug where the clan tag sometimes shows as the player ID.
• Added clan tags in nametags and kill card.
• PC specific: Fixed the vehicle hit indicator being shown each time you re-enter the first person camera of a ground vehicle.
• Fixed so commorose VO works when sitting in an AA vehicle.
• Fixed so you get the critical health fullscreen color tint while in the post revive state.
• Removed the join button in the server list for non-Premium users on Premium exclusive servers.
• Fixed so the spawn menu always disappears when you are revived.
• Bugfix the colorblind objectives showing the wrong icons and blinking with a black background.
• Fixed M-Com distance not updating if user moves towards it with EOD Bot.
• Mortar strike explosions are now shown on the HUD for the shooter.

MISCELLANEOUS TWEAKS & FIXES
• Fixed so the MAV gadget will not remain floating in midair if the user exits it while still flying.
• Fixed bug where it was possible to shoot while transitioning from sprint into prone.
• Fixed so you can’t revive a player who switched team since he died.
• Fixed two exploits on Donya Fortress that allowed players to get on top of the level.
• Fixed bug where you could get an incorrectly calculated longest headshot with the EOD bot.

How to download the latest update (Multiplayer Update 4) and Armored Kill
PC SPECIFIC INFO
Patch goes live: September 4
Patch size: ~2.2GB
Armored Kill size: 3.2GB
Armored Kill goes live: September 11 for Premium members / September 25 for non-Premiums
How to download patch: As soon as you start your Origin client, the latest game update will automatically start downloading (unless you’ve disabled the option “Automatically keep my games up to date”, in which case it will start downloading when you try to run the game). In Battlelog, you will be notified from the Game Manager. Once you acknowledge the update, it will start downloading within the Origin client.
How to download Armored Kill: Armored Kill will automatically download if you start Origin or if you are logged in to Battlelog. You can also start the download from the Battlefield 3 game details page (i symbol) if Origin is already running.

Source
Back to top Go down
Mongoose-DS-
Match Coordinator
Mongoose-DS-

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 12:09

Gaming to recommence immediately.
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 19:47

Patching but not sold on armoured kill - hell i dont have CQB or whatever it was called yet. Might find some time to play soonish but life is busy atm.

Still, with 2 expansions now released ( assuming the pice is £15ish each) Premium is looking to be more viable - ish, by which i mean it's less of a gamble in that if EA decide not to release the last 2 packs then you've lost less cash, upon saying that, there's nothing stopping said expansions to be utter shite - it's not like the current ones have been getting rave reviews from the rest of the squad Razz
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 22:59

I don't own Close Quarters either though it did interest me as a more COD spin to the game, most of my gaming in BF3 is run and gun and close quarters anyway. Whether the spin was true I don't know but that's how it was marketed, however I have heard next to feck all from any of the members about it. You know how shy they are to share opinions about their gaming experience with us strangers on the forums. Laughing

That said Armoured Kill does interest me, you all know I love me some armour so enough said. Arty and tank killers sounds right up my fecking street, note to self pack mines or maybe some C4. Cool

For where you suggested that premium is looking viable, proceed outside and give yourself a good fecking hiding! You have brought shame to yourself, myself and the forums bro, we are the last two dinosaurs holding out to the best of my knowledge. Everyone else gargled down on EA's boner of satan and said more please and could you possibly hit the back of my throat harder! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 23:38

Oh i have no intention of getting premium, i have principles. Sure it might cost me in the longrun but thats the price you pay for the ability to think for yourself and not follow the herd :p
Back to top Go down
Mongoose-DS-
Match Coordinator
Mongoose-DS-

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 12:07

Close quarters is alright i prefer bigger maps tho but theres a couple good'uns.. I like the new gun thingy gametype.. Sure i posted this earlier in the topic !!

Not been on much and by lookin at the battleface no one else has either so not played it much..
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Armoured Kill Launch Trailer ...   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 12:46

Flower survives Battlefield 3: Armoured Kill trailer against all odds

Battlefield 3 players think about tanks once every six seconds, but how often do they think about the flowers? NEVER, I bet. How many daisies have you crushed while driving your M1A2 Abrams into a squad of engineers? Some, probably.

The Armoured Kill launch trailer is the tale of one flower that survives a huge tank battle on one of the expansion’s four new maps. The map pack is out on Xbox today. Premium players will get to jump in and dodge the daisies next Tuesday. All other paying customers can get in on September 25. Wonderfully stupid scenes of all-out-tank-battle-war and miraculous flower survival follow.

Source
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 19:46

Downloading CQ now, chilling on vent while i wait. Bitches be crazy.
Back to top Go down
Mongoose-DS-
Match Coordinator
Mongoose-DS-

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 21:07

Am on.. and its not red week ak
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Reckon you can fly do you .....   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 21:52

Check these guys out. Shocked

Its an entry from the BF3 vid contest they are running at the minute, some of its well worth a look and is viewable . HERE
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 22:12

Watched the jet one, was pretty cool, i bet they had to do ALOT of passes to get em all right Smile
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 22:14

Thats probably why at the end you see a lot of crashes, the other vids are well worth a watch too has to be said. Cool
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: AK Easter Egg time....   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012, 19:37

And by Egg I mean fecking EGG! Enjoy.

Back to top Go down
Mongoose-DS-
Match Coordinator
Mongoose-DS-

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012, 20:19

What a couple of gimps lol.. Kool easter egg but they must of known about it!?!? would never thought of that..
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 00:08

Well after extensive testing, with the mong above it seems utter bullshite as we have not been able to repeat this.
Back to top Go down
Mongoose-DS-
Match Coordinator
Mongoose-DS-

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 00:20

Judging by the Youtube comments be should of bothered.. They went fishing and we fkn bit!
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Aftermath Premiere Trailer   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 20:16

Just released today, doesn't really show a lot but here is the first glimpse of Aftermath.

Set in the shattered districts, streets and villages of a post-earthquake Iran, Battlefield 3 Aftermath depicts a continuing struggle for supremacy and survival amongst the devastation. With operational capacity severely compromised, players will fight through the dust and rubble in a vertical and horizontal urban combat setting.

This December, Battlefield 3 fans will be treated to something a little different. Aftermath, the fourth multiplayer expansion to hit DICE’s star military-shooter, will expand upon the world of Battlefield with new locales, new vehicles, a new game mode and a intriguing new weapon. More importantly, expect a some thematic elements in your multiplayer as events in the single player will directly affect your gameplay experience.

Those who thoroughly enjoyed the unique flavor that the Vietnam expansion brought to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 might get a good kick out of Aftermath. Unlike previous Battlefield 3 expansions, Aftermath is the first to really utilize the setting in which it takes place. Sure, it’s set in the aftermath of a post-earthquake-struck Iran, something we’ve already seen in the single player campaign and some multiplayer levels, but the flavor and story runs consistently throughout every aspect of this particular expansion.

Character skins have been altered to convey the hardships these soldiers have had to endure during the earthquake, the same earthquake that nearly killed Sgt. Blackburn in the single player campaign. Both the American and Russian soldiers now look bloodied and bruised, as if they’ve just survived some rough tumbles and falling debris. Though the earthquake has passed, tremors rumble throughout the course of a match which can have devastating effects if you’re in the wrong place at the wrong time. Civilian and transport vehicles have been retrofitted with military equipment as soldiers make the most with what they’re left with. Lastly, the new game mode, Scavenger, directly ties in to the story being told here in Aftermath, but more on that later.

Aftermath, like previous expansions, will introduce four brand new maps to the mix, two of which have been revealed thus far; Epicenter and Markaz Monolith. Speaking to DICE Producer Craig Mcleod, I was informed that fans can expect similar map sizes to the ones included in the Back to Karkand expansion with a good mix of vehicle and infantry combat. Unlike Close Quarters or Armored Kill, you won’t find any extremes here, and as mentioned above, these four maps will be heavily shaped by the destruction that took place only moments before. That means you can expect both natural and unnatural cover thanks to the uneven and jagged terrain, as well as a lot of vertical gameplay and a number of hidden pathways that can be used to flank the enemy. Both military and civilian transport vehicles will play a large role, though they have been modified and tweaked by surviving soldiers to suit the more urban environments. Three new vehicles, in particular, are being introduced with Aftermath; the Phoenix, Barsuk and Rhino.

The particular map I had the fortunate chance to enjoy, Epicenter, reminded me of a ravaged and war-torn mix of Strike at Karkand and Grand Bazaar. Fallen debris provided all sorts of different routes, man-made or not, to the objective, but still provided plenty of room to grab a modified Vodnik with multiple gunner positions to patrol the streets in. What was particularly interesting to me was that hidden passage ways could be discovered by blowing up certain barriers with either explosives or conveniently placed gas canisters. These could then be used to flank the enemy or as a quick escape, should you find yourself cornered. As mentioned earlier, tremors literally shake the battlefield at random moments throughout a match. These tremors cause falling debris in certain areas, so if you’re not situated correctly, your looking a major headache, literally. All Aftermath maps will support vanilla Battlefield 3 game modes like Conquest and Rush – even the popular Gun Master mode from Close Quarters – as well as the newly introduced Scavenger mode.

Scavenger is a heavily-themed new game mode that revolves around the story that Aftermath tells. As a soldier that has just survived a devastating earthquake in the middle of a heated battle, you’re left with nothing but your pistol and a limited amount ammo. However, just because an earthquake may have knocked you and a number of other soldiers off their feet, it doesn’t mean all those weapons have disappeared. They simply need to be found again.

Upon starting up a match, you’ll only have your choice of class (which, in this case, only dictates your skin or look) and your choice of sidearm and specialization along with one grenade. On top of your assigned task of capturing three objective points (exactly similar to Conquest Domination introduced in Close Quarters), you’ll need to search every corner of the area to find yourself some better gear. Scattered among the battlefield are three different tiers of randomized weapons. Tier one includes your basic SMG’s or PDW’s while tier two sports your more powerful shotguns and sniper rifles. Lastly, the third tier grants you your more effective LMG’s and assault rifles. However, don’t get too comfortable with your M16A3, should you find one. Chances are, you may blow through one or two mags before you’ll need to find some more firepower. This provides an interesting, non-class-based twist on your action-packed Conquest Domination (similar map sizes can be expected) and adds a whole new layer of gameplay.

However, a new setting, new maps, new vehicles and new character skins are not all Aftermath has to offer. Get a load of the brand new Crossbow!

Battlefield 3 - Page 10 Screen-Shot-2012-10-17-at-8.22.42-PM-600x337

This unique, makeshift crossbow (a heavily-modified assault rifle, in actuality) takes up a spot in your equipment slot and doesn’t replace your primary or secondary weapon slots. While it is just one weapon, it includes two variations and sports four different ways to kill. Yes, you’ll have four different bolt-types to choose from when wielding this bad boy, as well as two different sights: the red-dot or 8X rifle scope. Your bolts include the standard tip (mid-range, mid-damage ), the scan bolt tip (proximity detector), the high-explosive bolt tip (great for vehicles) and the balanced bolt tip (long-range). The best part about this particular weapon is that you’ll be able to bring it back into regular or other expansion playlists and maps, as with previous DLC weapons.

Like previous expansions, brand new assignments and achievements will be up for grabs when Aftermath drops. These range from assignments dealing with some of the new vehicles, to those specifically aimed at accomplishing feats with the new Crossbow weapon.

In all, Aftermath is sure to shake up the Battlefield multiplayer experience this December with some new and exciting gameplay mechanics on top of all the goodies we’ve come to expect from our lovingly crafted and content-rich Battlefield 3 expansions. Look forward to more on Aftermath, including an interview with DICE producer Craig Mcloed, as we approach the coming months right here on MP1st!

Source
Back to top Go down
DeadFishy~DS~
DS Member
DeadFishy~DS~

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2009-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 20:39

looks good cheers
Back to top Go down
Mongoose-DS-
Match Coordinator
Mongoose-DS-

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri 19 Oct 2012, 21:03

I hope the guns that are scattered around in the new game type are random and change where they are each map.. So the people who play it all the time don't know where to go all the time to get the best stuff..

Its very interesting.. Never played on an extremely destructed terrain and i love the idea of finding different paths through the wreckage by blowing things up aswell.. I wana get see one these modified vehicles as well.. Sounds promising!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next