Death Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Squad

Old Gamers, New Games

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

COD4 Star Wars Mod...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Number of posts : 2455
Registration date : 2009-01-15

COD4 Star Wars Mod... Empty
PostSubject: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 22:27

Sparked my interest, might even give it a run .......... and pssst Activision, its not costing me anything. Cool

Back to top Go down
http://www.gofuckyourself.com
Gasoline
Council of War
Council of War
Gasoline

Number of posts : 749

PostSubject: Re: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 22:46

that looks like it might get me back into cod4 again. are you thinking of putting on the DD server?
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 22:47

looks like it might be worth a deek
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 23:04

Gasoline wrote:
that looks like it might get me back into cod4 again. are you thinking of putting on the DD server?

This is only the promo Bro, the files have not been released yet as they are still being tested. I wasn't even in on the Beta Testing as its a European venture by all accounts.

Although I have looked into it and will continue to do so, though until its released there is no chance for us mere minions mate. Laughing

Krypter wrote:
looks like it might be worth a deek

Certainly sparks the interest doesn't it, although it also prompts the question why do a vast majority of FPS games eventually end up with a Star Wars Mod! Shocked

Not saying I wouldn't play it, just pondering the question. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

PostSubject: Re: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 23:20

I think its partly because most of today's programmers grew up with star wars and at some point its every kids fantasy to run around as a stormtrooper or jedi and blast things, and partly because the star wars galaxy has a premade background as well as a huge fanbase, to me, it just looks fun tho, almost makes me want to dig out my jedi knight/kotor games and twat things with a lightsaber Twisted Evil

I'll be downloading this when it's released.
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 23:52

That is probably a fair summation mate, I suppose anyone born in the 70's/80's is part of that generation that seen the movies (original), played with the toys and played at being a character in the game. Now it is just newer toys, all be it modded PC games, that they get the same experience through.

This Mod has not been released yet, although it is scheduled to be let out into the wild during December at some point. I will keep an eye on it and let you know lads, though until I see the coding there is no promise that this will actually end up running on our own server.

In the meantime I am buying that Lego Star Wars game, feck waiting on a weekend deal any more. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bauhaus~DS~
Council of War
Council of War
Bauhaus~DS~

Number of posts : 929

PostSubject: Re: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Dec 2009, 00:14

My friend's son plays that lego star wars...he's 5 years old.....his whole life revolves around it ....lol
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

PostSubject: Re: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 17:14

my mrs picked up lego star wars complete saga, lego indiana jones 2 and lego batman a couple of days ago, i think she's gone a bit mental but the games are amusing enough Smile
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 22:18

The Lego Star Wars is fairly entertaining, although not particularly challenging, but to be honest it makes a nice change of pace from serious kill or be killed FPS gaming that I am used too.

I have to admit that I find myself chortling at some of the humour in a few of the cut scenes and the way its designed does enforce a level of replay ability, which is a pretty smart game play feature.

No further news on the COD4 Star Wars Mod but I would expect something during December at some point, it is German after all and those guys are good at getting stuff running on time. Cool
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

PostSubject: Re: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 06:33

Lego indiana jones on the wii = awesome fun, its official hehe, and on the replayability side all the lego platformers seem to have the same mechanics as lego starwars, so there's alot of replay value to the games, i'll put my neck out and recommend them to anyone who just wants a game to chill with.
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 22:48

You just had to mention the only thing more evil than an Xpox mate. Laughing

Krypter wrote:
Lego indiana jones on the wii.

My kids have been asking for one, doesn't help with all the fecking promo's those two Geordie monkeys from the jungle have been doing on TV. So I told them that the Law says your "only allowed one console per household to help the environment" and seeing we already have a PS2, they can't have one of those evil contraptions. Very Happy

Same as I tell them that when the ice cream van plays music, that means its run out of ice cream. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

PostSubject: Re: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 23:15

And they say Scots are tight bastards Razz
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 22:07

The Mod has been released folks and can be downloaded at the communities website HERE.

You can also find servers running the mod quickly and easily thanks to Game Tracker HERE.
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

PostSubject: Re: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 16:32

downloaded,installed and ready to take on the empire, or rebels, think it'll depend on what way i'm facing and how much i've drunk Razz
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 22:37

Took a few times for me to get the download as it failed a couple of times, then I decided it feck it and just decided to get it by joining a server with it running. Which took a few attempts as well as servers either went offline or were just crap. Laughing

Have given it a quick run on a CTF server, and I have to say its quite well done and apparently there will be more maps on the way. Though the guys behind it played their cards pretty close to their chest during their Bash and Slash interview.
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

PostSubject: Re: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 16:27

more maps, perks and weapons maybe, myself i'm hoping for at least 1 map from the Ewok planet but i think it's a given there will be at least 1 space station or similar map
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 21:27

I can see a bit of team stacking going on for the rebels on the Ewok plant mate, the old Imperial white suit isn't the best camo in a wooded environment I would imagine. Laughing

Who knows what they will come up with, but to be honest given the plaudits they have received for this Mod alone I think they will continue the venture and push it along. Wink

On a related note, if anyone remembers the new map that I mentioned earlier in the year it apparently came from these peeps too. The name of the map concerned makes sense now, although at the time the name Apesgorod didn't mean bugger all to me. pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COD4 Star Wars Mod...   COD4 Star Wars Mod... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COD4 Star Wars Mod...
Page 1 of 1