Death Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Squad

Old Gamers, New Games

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Couple of pence for game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Number of posts : 2455
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Couple of pence for game Empty
PostSubject: Couple of pence for game   Couple of pence for game I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 00:30

So I am buying it off Steam.

Remember the reviews at launch, seemed quite interesting at the time so it seems its worth a go at less than a fiver. Not sure how long the deal will last though so if you want in, well strike while the iron is still hot folks. Very Happy

And don't panic I still have an eye out for that Lego Star Wars Deal and you will be informed accordingly. pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.gofuckyourself.com
Bauhaus~DS~
Council of War
Council of War
Bauhaus~DS~

Number of posts : 929

PostSubject: Re: Couple of pence for game   Couple of pence for game I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 00:58

fuel of war....is it good? i may have a fiver lying around for thjat
Back to top Go down
DeadFishy~DS~
DS Member
DeadFishy~DS~

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2009-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Couple of pence for game   Couple of pence for game I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 16:36

i have it, i installed it the other day and uninstalled it the same day...it did not amuse me, the game play is good but the graphics are shite, but thats my veiw Wink
Back to top Go down
Gasoline
Council of War
Council of War
Gasoline

Number of posts : 749

PostSubject: Re: Couple of pence for game   Couple of pence for game I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 16:58

DeadFishy-DD- wrote:
i have it, i installed it the other day and uninstalled it the same day...it did not amuse me, the game play is good but the graphics are shite, but thats my veiw Wink

yea but you play mw2 so...
Back to top Go down
DeadFishy~DS~
DS Member
DeadFishy~DS~

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2009-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Couple of pence for game   Couple of pence for game I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 20:26

lol fair dos Razz
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: Couple of pence for game   Couple of pence for game I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 20:46

Bauhaus\DD/ wrote:
fuel of war....is it good? i may have a fiver lying around for thjat

So far only played a bit of the single player mate, controls seem standard FPS set up. Still to get in there and customise them to my own liking, so have only been using the basic set up so far which is adequate.

There are vehicles (and cool little remote toys) that are fully controllable. It seems to work on a capture and hold type of game play, pretty similar to BF2 in both those regards.

Cant speak about MP yet as I have yet to give it a go, but there are servers out there. Will report back after I have given those a shoot through.salute

DeadFishy-DD- wrote:

But you know what fishy mate, it has PB and dedicated servers Bro, pretty sure it has lean and a console in there too. You know all the things they took out of MW2, so think of this as a replacement for less than the tenth of a price. Laughing

And if its wank I can bin it as it cost me less than a fiver, lot better than being $60 out of pocket for a game and being stuck with it with no chance of a resell. Cool
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: Couple of pence for game   Couple of pence for game I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Dec 2009, 00:18

Played a few MP games since my last post and although the learning curve on some of the maps can be a bit steep (you know learning the spots an shite), its still a decent game for the price. Although its no longer on sale at that price but its still fcuking cheap any ways.

Some of the maps are huge tank battles (and I do love Armour), some are huge air fights with muppets in planes and quite a few infantry only but most of the maps seem to be mixed with elements of both. Which again brings me back to my initial description that its very BF2. Pretty much the same game play, just done with different graphics.

Servers do not seem to be as plentiful as they would be in say COD4 but they are there. And naturally there are cheaters out there, obviously its a fecking PC game I hear you say, but there are quite a few clean servers (PBB streaming) that can be played on in peace of mind.

In short the SP is fun, kinda. Same basic FPS game play with a few new toys thrown in.

The MP is basically BF2 only done slightly differently with different toys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couple of pence for game   Couple of pence for game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Couple of pence for game
Page 1 of 1