Death Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Squad

Old Gamers, New Games

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

spammage topic:Knives...

Go down 
+3
Bauhaus~DS~
Monster~DS~
Moe
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Number of posts : 2455
Registration date : 2009-01-15

spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: spammage topic:Knives...   spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 21:42

Did you know that once drawn the Kukuri cannot be put back until it has tasted blood, tradition apparently.

I was told that even when it is drawn for ceremonial purposes the tradition still stands and the Gurkha will make a tiny cut on his hand before putting it away. The Gurkha are a bunch of headers so I can see this being true.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gofuckyourself.com
Gasoline
Council of War
Council of War
Gasoline

Number of posts : 749

PostSubject: Re: spammage topic:Knives...   spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 23:00

i worked with a gurkha and yes thats true, he was a nice guy..well built to, i wouldnt of messed with him. crazy tradition. they pull that knife you dam well run, altho ya will die tired Razz
Back to top Go down
Bauhaus~DS~
Council of War
Council of War
Bauhaus~DS~

Number of posts : 929

PostSubject: Re: spammage topic:Knives...   spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 23:06

That's not a knife, this is a knife!

spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 Knife
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: spammage topic:Knives...   spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 23:56

I heard that when I was in the service mate, although any time I was in the company of a Gurkha I never thought to ask to confirm if it was true or not. Laughing

And LMFAO Bau. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Monster~DS~

Monster~DS~

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: spammage topic:Knives...   spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 06:42

I wouldnt ask them either thats way more information that i want to know about them.
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: spammage topic:Knives...   spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 14:12

Some info on the Ghurka's ( possibly useless but wtf this is a spam forum Razz )

The Ghurka motto is "Better to die than be a coward", this alone tells you how serious they take thiings.

Traditionally thier knife was only ever drawn in a last ditch do-or-die attempt to get the job done, drawing blood with the blade when its unsheathed is thier way of respecting that, respecting the Ghurka history and remebering thier dead.
The knife will taste blood regardless of why it was drawn, so even if its drawn just for cleaning/maintaining, before it goes back in it's sheath, it'll get it's due

The Ghurka's are not your average part of the Brittish Army, they agreed to be our allies AFTER they had kicked our asses and for over 185 years the Ghurka's have honoured thier word.
To date they are THE most decorated single group within the military.
Anyone can join the Ghurka's but will be limited to officer roles, the fighting troops are kept strickly Nepalese only.

On a side note, there's not been a single reported incident of a Ghurka's knife being lost or broken last i knew ( from what i remember, now-a-days they are made from the same metal as truck suspension with a few smithing tricks thrown in, this makes the blade soft enough to be a little flexible but hard enough to hold an edge so it's quite feasable)

So back on topic, basicly, these knives pwn
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: spammage topic:Knives...   spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 21:41

Thanks for confirming what I had heard Kryp, I was never sure if it was just rumour or actual fact .......... as I said I never actually got round to asking one of them. Laughing

Yeah those knifes and the Gurkha's in general fecking PWN!

Good to see they got that win in their recent court case and the resulting vote in Parliament too. Cool
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

PostSubject: Re: spammage topic:Knives...   spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 03:12

Can't have a topic about knives without naming porribly the most widely known knife every made ( probably) the Swiss Army knife, though probably not what your interested in they do own when it comes to being versatile.
I mean just look at this bad boy:

spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 Wenger_giant_swiss_army_knife_2

wtf2
Back to top Go down
Monster~DS~

Monster~DS~

PostSubject: Re: spammage topic:Knives...   spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 05:36

LMAO yeah but you need a Back Pack to Carry it or a Belt with Suspenders and tie down Straps.

OH and that's a Interesting Avatar seen a lot of them but not like that one is that a Real Sign post on a Street.
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

PostSubject: Re: spammage topic:Knives...   spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 13:26

well heres the original picture, there are a few others like this i've seen, all supposedly from road signs in Ireland/N.I but i've never been there to confirm it, perhaps we can send Slaine out on recon to find out

*Edit*-Image removed

Last edited by Krypter~DS~ on Thu 07 May 2009, 20:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: spammage topic:Knives...   spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 17:04

I wasn't going to say anything about it but seeing as you brought me into it Kryp I have no option but to respond.

........Yadda yadda yadda, intense lecture on internal UK politics and international terrorism..............yadda yadda yadda. Done!

On a lighter note, I am loving the new sig you have. Cool

Last edited by §lâinê ~Ч~ on Thu 07 May 2009, 21:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : We got it all sorted out lol.)
Back to top Go down
Monster~DS~

Monster~DS~

PostSubject: Re: spammage topic:Knives...   spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 18:08

Well I truly did not want to start anything on either side Gent's Being in the US I have never seen anything Like it is why I asked I can say i would be really upset if someone were to use a sign to commemorate 9/11 and displaying the Murder of those Innocent People.

As it was said this is a Gaming Community not a Political view center that is kept to our self's.

Sorry if i Brought anything up.

But i do Love the new Sig Krypt.
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

PostSubject: Re: spammage topic:Knives...   spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 20:31

Well i wasnt expecting any of that and i'm sorry for any distress/anger that image brought, i have removed both the avatar and the img from the post, if i knew, i wouldnt have used it in the first place.

To be honest i only chose that image with regards to my fondness of sniping and was not aware of it's background, i thought it was just a photoshop job like many of the other signposts you find on the net.

I only mentioned sending you out in jest, there was no baiting or political agenda behind it.

Ignorance may be bliss but it can also be fatal, if i do anything that offends and i seem to not know about it, say summat .

No offence intended.

on a sidenote, i'm thinking my sig may be a tad too large but glad you like it cheers
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: spammage topic:Knives...   spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 21:17

Krypter~DS~ wrote:
To be honest i only chose that image with regards to my fondness of sniping and was not aware of it's background, i thought it was just a photoshop job like many of the other signposts you find on the net.

I only mentioned sending you out in jest, there was no baiting or political agenda behind it.

Figures mate, as I stated previously I know you East coasters aren't as "aware" (shall we call it that Laughing ) as some of your cousins on the West coast. Which is why I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on it. Wink

If you had of been a Weegie then I would of known you were trying to poke the bear. Then I would have no other option but to break out the old combats, take a ferry and hunt you down. Laughing

Krypter~DS~ wrote:
Ignorance may be bliss but it can also be fatal, if i do anything that offends and i seem to not know about it, say summat .

No offence intended.

And none taken mate. beer

Krypter~DS~ wrote:
on a sidenote, i'm thinking my sig may be a tad too large but glad you like it cheers

It is not much bigger than fecking Monsters mate, and he has had that fecker for years. I prefer it to the other one you had up last night. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spammage topic:Knives...   spammage topic:Knives... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

spammage topic:Knives...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2