Death Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Squad

Old Gamers, New Games

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Call of Duty series .....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Number of posts : 2455
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Call of Duty series ..... Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty series .....   Call of Duty series ..... I_icon_minitimeSun 05 Jun 2011, 17:03

I told you fecking ages ago Kotick was looking for a way to make people pay to play COD, and guess what I was right!

This is the start of a slippery slope my friends, mark my words.

Call of Duty series is getting its own social network

The publishers of the hugely successful Call of Duty series have announced it's going to get its own social network.

Activision says Call of Duty Elite will launch on November 8th.

That means it will coincide with the worldwide release of the hotly anticipated next chapter in the series, Modern Warfare 3.

However users of the latest COD game, Black Ops, will be able to try out a Beta version beforehand.

Activision says COD Elite will "give gamers more ways to connect than ever before".

Although the specific details are yet to be announced a statement said gamers will be able to "join competitive clans or social groups, or upload, view and comment on the incredible mass of player-generated content, or watch and comment on exclusive created content".

There will also be a coach element to the network.

Called Improve it will provide players with a "dynamic strategy guide that tracks their statistics and performances down to the most minute details".
Premium service

But some of the series' 30 million fans aren't happy with one aspect of the idea.

Because whilst parts of the social network will be free others will be reserved for a premium service that users will have to pay for.

An Activision statement said the network will "offer a premium membership with a wide range of state-of-the-art services, exclusive entertainment programming and all-inclusive game content for less than the cost of any comparable online entertainment service currently in the market."

But whatever reservations there are from certain sections of the gaming community there is no doubt Call of Duty Elite will do well.

The last game in the COD series, Black Ops, was the biggest video game of last year.

It broke records on launch day in November 2010 and made £400 million in its first week on sale.

Source
Back to top Go down
http://www.gofuckyourself.com
bobc36

bobc36

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty series .....   Call of Duty series ..... I_icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 11:41

My argument with that is that Gamers arent usually social people unless pr0n is involved.

Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty series .....   Call of Duty series ..... I_icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 13:00

But you know that there are muppets out there who will lap this up mate, the same muppets who bought into the MW2/B Ops idea and practically killed the franchise. You know the same muppets who are all excited about B Ops 2. Laughing

Now you take this social network idea, through in some exclusive content (you know there will be something to make it sell) for the game as reported above and boom the same clowns will fork out for it. Kotick makes more money, it becomes the standard and PC gaming gets even more consolised and watered down.
Back to top Go down
Mongoose-DS-
Match Coordinator
Mongoose-DS-

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2011-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty series .....   Call of Duty series ..... I_icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 21:40

Sign me up.
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty series .....   Call of Duty series ..... I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 00:13

Don't you dare Lee or you will be getting a Neil Lennon care package. fear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty series .....   Call of Duty series ..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty series .....
Page 1 of 1