Death Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Squad

Old Gamers, New Games

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Classic Commodore 64 lives again

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Number of posts : 2455
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Classic Commodore 64 lives again Empty
PostSubject: Classic Commodore 64 lives again   Classic Commodore 64 lives again I_icon_minitimeThu 07 Apr 2011, 19:44

Like Retro, then you are going to fecking love this!

Fans of retro computing will soon be able to buy a modern PC clad in a classic case.

Commodore is making a Windows PC that fits inside a boxy beige shell that looks exactly like its original C64.

The 8-bit machine was released in 1982, had 64 kilobytes of memory and became one of the best-selling computers ever.

Commodore's updated version will run Windows 7 but also has an emulator capable of playing games written for its ancestor.

Commodore has started taking orders for the C64x, priced at $595 (£364), and said the machines would ship between May and June. It is expected to appear in shops later in the year.

The machine's internal hardware will be based around a dual-core Intel Atom D525, a chip typically found in notebook computers.

Its 1.8Ghz chip is far faster than the 8-bit 1MHz MOS 6502 processor used in the 80's original.

The C64x will also use an integrated Nvidia graphics chip and buyers have the option of equipping a model with a Bluray DVD player.

All the hardware for the machine fits inside the keyboard case.

The first models will sport the same taupe colour scheme as the original along with a "clicky" keyboard familiar to anyone who used the older C64 or its predecessor, the Vic 20.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gofuckyourself.com
Gasoline
Council of War
Council of War
Gasoline

Number of posts : 749

PostSubject: Re: Classic Commodore 64 lives again   Classic Commodore 64 lives again I_icon_minitimeFri 08 Apr 2011, 19:41

i still have my commodore 64 :L sounds interesting but i could make my own..
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: Classic Commodore 64 lives again   Classic Commodore 64 lives again I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011, 16:46

I like the sound of it but to be honest it would mean replacing my G15, and lets face it thats not going to happen any time soon. Razz
Back to top Go down
Neferkare
DS Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Classic Commodore 64 lives again   Classic Commodore 64 lives again I_icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 22:14

Before my time
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: Classic Commodore 64 lives again   Classic Commodore 64 lives again I_icon_minitimeSat 07 May 2011, 23:05

Neferkare wrote:
Before my time

I remember coding my own games on that machine ................ and saving them to tape!.

Thank feck times have changed as it was boring as hell and just one mistype and it was all fecked. You get watches, calculators and feckin phones with better software and OS then the original machine now. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic Commodore 64 lives again   Classic Commodore 64 lives again I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classic Commodore 64 lives again
Page 1 of 1