Death Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Squad

Old Gamers, New Games

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BC2 Fixes (Various)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Number of posts : 2455
Registration date : 2009-01-15

BC2 Fixes (Various) Empty
PostSubject: BC2 Fixes (Various)   BC2 Fixes (Various) I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 18:44

BC2 Ingame voices

Some of you may of noticed that you can change the ingame voice of the russians in the menu screen, so you can actually understand what your team are shouting at you. Unfortunately with many things DICE touch, it doesn't work as it resets itself every fecking time. So here is the fix:

Go to CDocuments and Settingsyourname here my documentsBFBC2

Open gamesettings.ini with notepad

In gamesettings.ini find this line "OriginalVOForEnemyTeam=0"

If its saying 1 change it to 0 then save the file just by save (not save as)

Job done, next time you fire up the game those pesky russians will be speaking english but with a russian accent.

BC2 Ingame FOV

Similar to above about changing those Russian voices to English with a crap Russian accent.

We are all running different sized monitors and shit, hell everyone in the game is as well. However did you know that the standard setting in the game is set at 55, yep thats right its set for console players by default.

If your wondering what the difference is then think about it, on a console you have a larger screen and sit further away from it. Now compare that to PC where you have a smaller screen and sit closer to it, see the problem. You do not get to see as much on a PC screen as you would a console, but thankfully you can edit this setting via the games settings.

Now to take the hard thinking with numbers thing out of the equation, there is a site BC2 FOV Calculater (clicky clicky, linky linky) that will do the math for you and tell you what is your best FOV to input into your settings. Obviously its personal taste and what works with some may not work with others, but I updated my FOV to the recommended one from that site and it runs fecking great.

BC2: Vietnam Music in Vehicles.

Been hearing some folk in Vent mention that they were having difficulty getting the radio to work in the vehicles. Well I was having trouble myself and was able to rectify it by increasing the music volume directly in the game settings ini file.

Basically the same as the FOV and voice fixes I have posted before:

Go to CDocuments and Settingsyourname here my documentsBFBC2

Open gamesettings.ini with notepad

In gamesettings.ini find the line "CarRadio=0" and change it to "CarRadio=1"

In gamesettings.ini find the line "MusicVolume=1.000000" here you can alter the music volume in vehicles directly.

Mine was too low and changing the value to a higher number fixed my music. Although be warned, don't go changing it to fecking 5 or you wont hear nowt but tunes when within 100 metres of a vehicle lol.

Then save the file just by save (not save as)

Job done, next time you fire up the game you should no trouble listening to music in your vehicle.

Incidentally I have my change track set to X, you may also want to ensure you have that set via the control screen in game while your at it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gofuckyourself.com

BC2 Fixes (Various)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squad :: Community Section :: Tech Help Forum-
Jump to: