Death Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Squad

Old Gamers, New Games

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Windows 7 worth it?

Go down 
+2
§làiñê ~Ч~
Moe
6 posters

Is windows 7 worth upgrading from Vista?
Yes
Windows 7 worth it? I_vote_lcap50%Windows 7 worth it? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
No
Windows 7 worth it? I_vote_lcap0%Windows 7 worth it? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, If the partition problem is fixed(free)
Windows 7 worth it? I_vote_lcap25%Windows 7 worth it? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Windows 7 is completely fail, Don't do it.
Windows 7 worth it? I_vote_lcap25%Windows 7 worth it? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Moe

Moe

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Windows 7 worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Windows 7 worth it?   Windows 7 worth it? I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 00:47

Yea, Right now I have Vista and have Windows 7 burned to an ISO with a key, But I can't collapse one partition past a certain point and expand another on my hard drive for some reason so I would have to buy a cheap hard drive. Is Windows 7 worth it? Or, even better, Can anybody help my partition problem? i have like 150 gigs of free space on the big partition, but I can only shrink it 1.5 gigs and that's too small..I need 15 gigs. I've tried deleting things, but it hasn't helped so far.
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Number of posts : 2455
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 worth it?   Windows 7 worth it? I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 00:58

Can't help you mate, the word Vista is banned in my house. Although W7 is meant to be a step up I am the cautious type who waits for all the bugs to be sorted before I jump in the big pool Gates has out the back of his house.

Maybe when they fix their shite I will upgrade, but until they fix it so I don't have to feck about just to play a game online he can bite the big one. Until then its XP for life, if it ain't broke dont fix it ! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.gofuckyourself.com
Bauhaus~DS~
Council of War
Council of War
Bauhaus~DS~

Number of posts : 929

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 worth it?   Windows 7 worth it? I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 01:10

ca'nt do any worse than Vista imo....go for 7 lol
Back to top Go down
bobc36

bobc36

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 worth it?   Windows 7 worth it? I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 11:20

I am running W7 64-bit exclusivly on my new PC even though its still in Release Candidate form. It is 10,000% better than Vista will ever be. It loads fast, has suprisingly good driver support, you can actually run a virtual pc of XP pretty easliy. I hate to say this, but Microsoft actually did a good job this time. It seems like thy simplified the coding and made it better.

i would just put W7 on your pc and then access your XP files from the Virtual PC thing.

Virtual PC website - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
HollowPoint \DD/

HollowPoint \DD/

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 worth it?   Windows 7 worth it? I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 19:33

Only Prob with Virtual PC ... XP ........ Not all CPU's Support it. Oh the Higher note Windows 7 Is so much better than Vista,...... It is much quicker than XP, But XP Wins Overall... At least Until Windows 7 fully gets released and supported... Then Windows 7 will surpass XP.......

And the funny thing is, Windows 7 was supposed to be based around a Gamers Atmosphere....
Back to top Go down
Moe

Moe

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 worth it?   Windows 7 worth it? I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 02:11

Well got the partition up to 6 gigs, havent been able to get it any further. I have a couple more things to try, and I think im still able to access all my vista files from W7?
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 worth it?   Windows 7 worth it? I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 04:13

HollowPoint \DD/ wrote:

And the funny thing is, Windows 7 was supposed to be based around a Gamers Atmosphere....

The funnier thing is..... so was Vista and look at how fubar that turned out to be.

I've not tried windows 7 yet but all reports say its decent enough and a huge improvement over Vista but as to it's potential as an XP beater, i guess we'll just have to wait and see, personally i wont be touching it for at least 12 months after release simply to give the mgb's at microsoft time to address some of the bugs and security flaws.
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 worth it?   Windows 7 worth it? I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 21:03

That is my take on it too mate, until its all patched up and any bugs in the system are fixed, I will stick with what works for me at the minute. Wink
Back to top Go down
Moe

Moe

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 worth it?   Windows 7 worth it? I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009, 13:14

Well, It installed on 6.31 gigs of space luckily, and its awesome. Super Fast, Great look, I just hate that pb isn't supported(i think, Ive heard that before). Everything else that I try works fine. Looks pretty cool too.
Back to top Go down
HollowPoint \DD/

HollowPoint \DD/

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 worth it?   Windows 7 worth it? I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009, 17:53

Lol Last I checked PB Worked decently on Windows 7
Back to top Go down
Moe

Moe

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 worth it?   Windows 7 worth it? I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 00:04

cool. I guess im making the entire move to W7 at least until i have to pay for it. I did some more formatting in windows 7 and reinstalled it so now I'm up to like 200 gigs for it, 200 for vista.
Back to top Go down
Moe

Moe

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 worth it?   Windows 7 worth it? I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 02:35

Just a little update, IT IS FREAKING AWESOME. my only problem is Itunes wont access my music on the other partition for some reason. Sad
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 worth it?   Windows 7 worth it? I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 20:33

HollowPoint \DD/ wrote:
Lol Last I checked PB Worked decently on Windows 7

To be fair I have heard of those with the beta version having problems with PB, no idea if its all been sorted now that its actually live though.

Think the problem may of lay in the fact that PB refuses to alter their prog to work with an OS until the product is actually released.
Back to top Go down
Moe

Moe

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 worth it?   Windows 7 worth it? I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 20:41

yea, thats what they said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 worth it?   Windows 7 worth it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 worth it?
Page 1 of 1