Death Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Squad

Old Gamers, New Games

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

vista woes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Krypter
Krypter

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2009-03-24

vista woes Empty
PostSubject: vista woes   vista woes I_icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2009, 14:23

Before you start - dont say it, i know that not even satan would use vista but desperate times called for desperate measures and i had to install it, upon saying that its(mostly) seems to be running fine, however i have a strange problem, the volume control buttons on my headset (plantronics dsp 650 i think) and my keyboard (logitech g15v2 - the one with the orange lights) no longer work, a quick google has come up with sod all by way of ideas or fixes that i havent tried so just wondering if anyone else has had this problems or has any ideas on how to fix it?
Back to top Go down
Monster~DS~

Monster~DS~

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2009-01-17

vista woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: vista woes   vista woes I_icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2009, 17:16

I have not had any kind of Problems like that but I am going to put up some links and you can try that they both are pretty much saying the same thing.

Also did you go into your Device Manager to check your key board and head phones there to see if you have a conflict.

Try this let me know how it go's.

also what i have learned is it makes it a lot easier to RUN everything new as ADMIN.

http://vistasupport.mvps.org/windows_vista_repair_options.htm

http://vistasupport.mvps.org/repair_a_vista_installation_using_the_upgrade_option_of_the_vista_dvd.htm
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

vista woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: vista woes   vista woes I_icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2009, 20:48

mixed results so far, on desktop i can adjust volume with the buttons on both headset and k/board, but ingame (any game) it stops working, all my drivers/firmware etc are up-to-date and theres no conflicts showing up on the device manager, on a side note if anyone is taking a trip to give Bill Gates a smack in the teeth, please feel free to beat him to a fine paste on my behalf Smile
Back to top Go down
Gasoline
Council of War
Council of War
Gasoline

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2009-01-15

vista woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: vista woes   vista woes I_icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2009, 22:21

reinstall XP Razz fixed. lol. update ya drivers? usb keyboards/headsets etc normaly come with them but its better to get the drivers off the net as the cd drivers are normaly out of date ones. i repeat, re install XP then proceed to take a blowtorch to the vista disk. Smile
Back to top Go down
Monster~DS~

Monster~DS~

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2009-01-17

vista woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: vista woes   vista woes I_icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009, 06:22

This is what i use on mine for updating any Drivers it does everything for you checks all your drivers and you can check the ones you want and so on check it out.

http://www.drivermax.com/
Back to top Go down
§làiñê ~Ч~
Council of War
Council of War
§làiñê ~Ч~

Number of posts : 2455

vista woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: vista woes   vista woes I_icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009, 20:37

No idea when it comes to Vista Bro, other than its a pain in the hole. Sorry. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.gofuckyourself.com
Krypter
Krypter

vista woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: vista woes   vista woes I_icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009, 22:47

unless i can sort it before i get my disk back, i'll be reinstalling xp methinks.

Looked at that driver detective thing, and tbh i don't trust it, i've had too many burns with automated maintainance programs, though to be fair, i have been seeing it everywhere when i was going through all the official sites so it cant be all that bad heh.

Oddly enough my headset came with no drivers and there are none for it on the manufacturer's site, it's always just worked.
Back to top Go down
Krypter
Krypter

vista woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: vista woes   vista woes I_icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009, 23:51

I figured out that my problem seems to be with the way the vista volume mixer handles things, rather than having one setting like xp, it creates seperate "profiles" as such, for each program that uses sound, because of that my inline volume controls are rendered useless as they are just adjusting the desktop volume settings, not the created in-game one, so it looks like i need to find a way round this until my xp disk returns.
Back to top Go down
Gasoline
Council of War
Council of War
Gasoline

Number of posts : 749

vista woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: vista woes   vista woes I_icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 10:29

XP FTW. only good thing on vista is the dx10.1. and thats it. nothing els. if you like the looks you can make XP look like vista easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

vista woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: vista woes   vista woes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

vista woes
Page 1 of 1